Theme: Knowledge and Asymmetries in Action
The AIEMCA 2012 biennial conference showcased research from within the paradigms of Ethnomethodology, Conversation Analysis, and Membership Categorisation Analysis.
In 2012 we explored research on the theme of “Knowledge and Asymmetries in Action.” This theme plays to a major strength of the EM/CA/MCA paradigm: the ability to demonstrate the consequentiality of the sequential deployment of members’ knowledge(s) in interaction and/or the relevance of asymmetries to members in interaction.
Selected papers were published in the Australian Journal of Communication 2013 (Volume 40, Issue 2).
- Dr Sean Rintel (UQ) (Chair)
- Edward Reynolds (UQ) (Vice Chair)
- Dr Scott Barnes (USYD)
- Professor Susan Danby (QUT)
- Dr Richard Fitzgerald (UQ)
- Associate Professor Rod Gardner (Griffith)
- Dr Jessica Harris (UQ)
- Dr Jayne Keogh (Griffith)
- Dr Ilana Mushin (UQ)
- Dr Maryanne Theobald (QUT)
For further information, contact the Conference Chair (Dr Sean Rintel).